TERMS AND CONDITIONS: ZESPRI SUNGOLD KIWIFRUIT CHECKERS COMPETITION
STAND A CHANCE TO WIN YOUR SHARE OF R100 000 IN VOUCHERS.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. Participation in this Promotion will
constitute your agreement to comply with these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree
with these Terms and Conditions, please do not participate.
1- THE COMPETITION
Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit competition (“the Competition”) conducted by Zespri International Ltd, 400 Maunganui Road, Mount Maunganui, New Zealand (“the Promoter”).
2- COMPETITION PERIOD
- The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of the Promoter.
- The Competition will take place in different regions of the country from the 29th of July to the 8th of September 2019.
3- WHO MAY ENTER
- All Participants must:
- be a natural person and be 16 (sixteen) years of age at the date of the entry.
- be a citizen of the Republic of South Africa and/or a legal resident of the country.
- be in possession of a valid South African Identity Document, residence/work permit, and/or Driver’s License.
- Participation in this Competition excludes directors, members, partners, promotional and advertising agents, merchandisers, employees or consultants of the Promoter, their Agencies, organizers and participating stores, of the Competition and the spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister, business partner or associate of any of the said persons.
4- HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THE COMPETITION
- The participant may take part in the Competition once they have bought a punnet of Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit at participating Checkers retailers..
- Participants will find a promotional sticker on the outside of the specially marked punnets; the competition details are on the flipside of the sticker found on the inside of the punnet and can be seen once opened after purchase. To enter the competition, participants must send their unique code to the SMS number 47922.
- Once the participants have entered their unique code into the competition, they will get an automatic response informing them if they have won or if their entry was unsuccessful.
5- CAN I PARTICIPATE MORE THAN ONCE IN THE COMPETIION?
- Entries are capped at 5 per day per paricipant, subject to each entry being submitted separately; each with a unique code and in accordance with entry requirements. Should there be any dispute in this regard; the Promoter’s decision will be final.
- Once the participant has won a prize, their cell phone number will be clocked and will not be able to participate in the competition with the same unique code.
- The Competition will afford the participant a chance to receive:
- A share of R100 000 in Sportsmans Warehouse or Yuppiechef vouchers
- Prizes are not transferrable or exchangeable and shall not be redeemed for cash and if not taken up for any reason, they shall be forfeited or be the subject of a separate draw or be allocated at the Promoters’ discretion to another winner.
- Winners are not able to choose the amount of cash they will receive and will accept the prize as is. The promoter reserves the right to substitute any of the prizes for a different prize of similar value. The winner will be responsible for any costs resulting from accepting this prize (including but not limited to the cost of sending the SMS message).
7- AWARDING OF PRIZE:
- If the winner has sent their unique code, they will be verified as the only winner for that code.
- Once it has been confirmed that the participant has a winning code, they will receive a message to notify them that they have won the prize.
- If there is any dispute regarding the entry, the participant will be asked to present their till slip to validate their entry.
8- TERMS OF DELIVERY:
- Prizes will be claimed by entering their unique code via SMS (see 4.2) on the participant’s own mobile phone.
- Vouchers will be awarded via a Sportsmans Warehouse voucher code or a Yuppiechef voucher code; to the mobile number used to claim the prize within three (3) working days. These prizes are valid until 30 June 2022, after which if the winner has not redeemed their prize, the prize money will be returned to the Promoter and the winner will forfeit their prize.
- Voucher prize winners will be required to redeem their Sportsmans Warehouse voucher by visiting: https://www.sportsmanswarehouse.co.za/ and Yuppiechef voucher by visiting: https://www.yuppiechef.com/
- To the extent permitted by the Consumer Protection Act and any other applicable law:
- The participant and/or winner(s) hereby indemnifies the Promoter, its associated companies (directors, officers and employees) and agents against any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages or loss of any kind regardless of how this was caused, and whether it arose under the law of contract or delict or otherwise, because of the participants entrance to the Promotion.
- The Promoter excludes all warranties (express or implied), representations and liabilities regarding this Competition (other than for death or personal injury caused by its negligence and/or fraud).
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of participants (including but not limited to a participant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to reject any participant who has not complied with these Terms and Conditions. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Neither Promoter nor its agents or distributors will have any liability in relation to this promotion.
- Participants of this competition are voluntarily providing their personal information to the Promoter, its associated agencies and the third-party service providers running the competition in conjunction with the Promoter. By entering this competition, participants authorize the Promoter to collect, store and use (not share) personal information of participants for communication or statistical purposes. Participants are entitled to decline any marketing communication and inform the Promoter in writing should the participant wish to be removed from all communication.
- By participating in this competition, the participant consents that the Promoter may use names and images taken of the winners/participants for publicity purposes, without any further remuneration being payable to the winner. All promotional material will become the sole property of the Promoter. However, the participant/winner has the right to decline participating in any promotional activity or to object to these images being used by written notification to the Promoter at: Zespri International Ltd, 400 Maunganui Road, Mount Maunganui, New Zealand.The written notification is to reach the Promoter by no later than the last stipulated competition date of the relevant station.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel this Competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason that the Promoter deems necessary.
- The onus rests on the participants to check the website for updates to the Terms and Conditions.
- No liability shall lie on the Promoter in favour of any participant, winner(s) and/or third party arising from such cancellation, suspension or termination. Therefore, the participant waives his/her right which they may have against the Promoter and hereby acknowledges that they will have no right of recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against the Promoter.
- The Promoters decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- In part or all of any clause of these Terms and Conditions is illegal, invalid or enforceable:
- It will be read down to the extent necessary to ensure that it is not illegal, invalid or unenforceable, but if that is not possible;
- It will be severed from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions will continue to have full force and effect.
- Any dispute with number ownership (such as more than one individual claiming to be the owner of the same number – verbally or otherwise) will result in immediate disqualification of both the number and the individuals and no negotiations will be entered into.
- All terms and conditions are subject to the laws of Republic of South Africa and should a doubt or dispute occur, it will be taken before the courts of Republic of South Africa.
- This Competition is not applicable in conjunction with any other offers/competitions offered by the promoter.