TitleCheck Our Drinking Recipes
240g fresh, peeled prawns
4 Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruit
1 tablespoon chopped, fresh coriander
Extra virgin olive oil
4 small slices of bread, fried in olive oil
Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruit, Prawn and Coriander Tartare
- Take the peeled prawns and use a sharp knife to make a small incision along the back of each prawn and pull out the intestines. Wash the prawns with cold water, drain and dry well.
- Finely chop the prawns and mix in a bowl with the juice from the lime, a tablespoonful of olive oil and the chopped, fresh coriander. Season with salt and pepper, mix again and set aside for a few minutes so that the prawns cook lightly in the lime juice.
- In the meantime, peel the kiwifruit and dice into small, even cubes. Mix them in a bowl with another tablespoonful of the extra virgin olive oil.
- Place a metal ring on a plate and fill with a layer of kiwifruit and then another of prawns until you almost reach the top of the ring. Gently press down on the stack and remove the ring.
- Garnish with a pinch of the garlic shoots, crumbled pieces of the fried bread and a few edible micro herbs.