TitleCheck Our Drinking Recipes
2 Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruit
For Ajo Blanco:
125g raw blanched almonds
½ peeled small seedless cucumber
200g white breadcrumbs
8g peeled garlic (green sprouts removed)
30g sherry vinegar
800ml cold mineral water
100g extra virgin olive oil
Basil oil: 12 large basil leaves and 100g extra virgin olive oil
Cucumber and Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruit Ajo Blanco
- Blanch the basil leaves in boiling water for a few seconds, remove and place in ice-cold water.
- Take out the leaves, one by one, and dry between paper towels or with a clean dishcloth.
- Blend with 100g of the olive oil, push through a fine sieve to remove any impurities and fill a small, squeezy sauce bottle with the mixture.
- Blend the breadcrumbs with the almonds, water, garlic, vinegar and cucumber until smooth.
- Pass the mixture through a fine sieve and blend once again, adding a stream of olive oil until fully incorporated. Season to taste and chill in the fridge.
- Cut the kiwifruit in half and, with a melon-baller, carefully remove small spheres of kiwifruit.
- Pour the chilled ajo blanco into a soup dish and place the kiwifruit balls on top. Decorate with the micro greens and basil oil.